This page includes the documents needed to complete your registration. We look forward to seeing you on the field!
Once you have completed the documents, please feel free to forward to email@example.com
If you have any questions, you can reach out to Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 FALCONS PROGRAM INFO
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY PLANNING TO TRAVEL TO SPAIN
Falcons Players & Families:
We have listened carefully to the concerns of some players and parents about missed school days and have coordinated with the tournament organizers in Spain to change the dates of the competition. This means a shorter trip, fewer school days missed and, hopefully, more players able to join us for this exciting event in Spain!
Here are the details:
- TRAVEL DATES
- Depart Thursday, September 21
- Return Monday, September 25
- GAME DAYS
- Friday (September 22) and Sunday (September 24) OR
- Saturday (September 23) and Sunday (September 24)
- NOTE: The organizers will fix the dates in the next couple of days based on field availability
- Basic Trip Cost (includes airfare, room (+breakfast), bus and other ground transportation):
i. Players (triple room occupancy): AED 4850
ii. Staff/parents (double room occupancy): AED 5100
iii. NOTE: Please contact us for price adjustment if you are a parent traveling with the team and:
1. You need a single room; OR
2. You will be traveling with other family members (non-players) and need a triple room (all players will stay in rooms with other players – no exceptions)
- Each participant (player, coach, staff and family members) must bring €125 (one hundred twenty-five Euros) in cash on the trip to cover excursions/cultural events and one team dinner.
- Each player is responsible for his own meals (other than breakfast and the team meal Thursday night), so bring additional cash to cover these
- Parents who do not want their children holding cash can prepare an envelope (with the cash inside) on which should be written the name of the player and the amount of cash. These envelopes can be handed to the player’s Group Leader at the airport.
- Payment due Wednesday, September 13
- Cash preferred in order to simplify transactions (credit card and other electronic payments must will be subject to a mark-up to cover the third-party transaction costs)
- Payment can be made in person at the EAFL office in Jumeirah Lakes Towers (Cluster I, Platinum Tower, Suite 4104) during work hours.
- By exception only, payment can be made at practice this Friday, September 15 (you must inform us in advance if you must pay on Friday – this is essential, as we must pay the airline and hotel in advance)
- NOTE: If you have not already turned in your completed registration and medical forms, please send them ASAP.
- A detailed itinerary will be published before the end of the week – we await flight confirmations from the airline and game time confirmations from the event organizers
- The itinerary will include hotel and contact details, as well as game sites
- GEAR & SWAG
- If you require gear (including lower pads/girdle/knee pads), please contact Jamaal Hamilton (email@example.com) IMMEDIATELY
- Travel swag will be issued next Sunday, September 17
i. Although subject to change due to shipping delays, we plan to issue the swag and fit players for their Falcons helmets at Claw BBQ in Souq Al-Bahar
ii. For players in Abu Dhabi who cannot travel to Dubai on Sunday, we will arrange an issue/fitting point in Abu Dhabi Monday, September 18)
- Friday, September 15 (3 – 7 p.m.)
- Monday, September 18 (6 – 8 p.m. (Dubai))
ONE FINAL NOTE: This has been a challenging process, given the late start of the school year (and late return to the UAE of many families) and the less-than-ideal timing of the event (which was not under our control). We sincerely appreciate the good-natured patience you have all displayed during this process. We know that this will be a fantastic, memorable event for all of our athletes and we look forward to proudly representing the EAFL in yet another great international city!
All the best,
Patrick F. Campos
Director, Strategy & Youth Football
Program Director, EAFL Youth Falcons
Head Coach, EAFL Youth Falcons (U19 & U17)
Emirates American Football League
Dubai, United Arab Emirates