When do you Start?
REGISTRATION officially opens on September 1
FOOTBALL ACTIVITIES (camps, seminars, clinics, etc.) start from September 18
(click here for Pre-Season Strength & Conditioning Camp)
OFFICIAL TEAM PRACTICES start on October 15/16th across the UAE.
YOUTH GAMES start on November 18th
MEN's GAMES start on November 25th
Note: All players must attend 6 padded practices minimum before playing in games. (some exceptions apply)
How long is the football season?
October 15th until March 17th with a 3-week break in December.
Over 100 games of football are played in the EAFL each season across 5 divisions.
We also host a varitey of activities outside of the regular season, including tournaments, social events, and international competitions.
How do I join?
1. Register on the EAFL home page by filling out all your details.
2. Payment can be made at the end of your registration process. If you're not ready to pay yet, don't worry, you can come back to this later. Note that fees must be paid before you can play in a game.
3. To be eligible for activities, you must fill out all registration details including Passport Copy, Emergency Contact and Medical Info, as well as signing the waivers.
4. If you have any queries please contact us at email@example.com
Where do you play?
We have teams in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Al Ain.
All games are played on Fridays (with some exceptions) at a central location that rotates around the UAE. For example, on Week 5, we may play 12 games of football across all 5 divisions in Al Ain. On Week 6, we may play 10 games of football across 4 divisions in Dubai. And so on.
Practices are held in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Al Ain.
When do you play?
We play games mostly on Fridays (with some exceptions).
We practice twice per week. The Youth teams practice from 5:30 - 7:30pm and the Men from 8 - 10pm.
Can I try it out before I join?
Yes! You may attend two practice sessions for FREE to see if you like American football.
How do I get the equipment?
You can either rent or buy the equipment from the EAFL office at Dubai Sports City. Click here for info on the 2015-16 Equipment Program
What are the fees and costs to join?
Season fees range from 2,975 - 3,275 AED. Please click here for the 2015-16 Membership Fees
Other activities (Camps, Tournaments, Clinics, etc.), if not free, have a separate cost.
Can I choose which team I play for?
Players for Youth division teams are allocated by the League, based on age, skill level, and the team's requirements to ensure that each athlete gets lots of playing time and that the teams are evenly balanced.
Men’s Division players are free to choose their own team.
Do I have to play in the city in which I live?
No, but we encourage you to speak with your city's coach to ensure that you meet the attendance expectations of the team before making any decisions.
Can I still join if I've never played before?
Yes, 40% of our athletes have never played before. We offer 2 free sessions so you can see if you enjoy it.
Is there a cut-off for joining?
Feb 3rd 2017 is the final day for new players.
Can I become a referee?
Yes. Please contact the Emirates American Football Officials Association (EAFOA) by clicking firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I coach in the EAFL? Are coaches paid?
We love our coaches! The EAFL has 50+ volunteer coaches in 5 divisions across 24 teams and they form the foundation of the league. We couldn't do it without them.
All coaches are certified through the EAFL Training Academy where they undergo training in Health & Safety, Team Management, and Football Theory.
If you are interested in coaching, please contact us at email@example.com along with your coaching qualifications and/or experience, if applicable.
Do you offer social memberships?
Yes. We offer a discounted membership option for those who wish to primarily practice with the team.
When is Desert Bowl?
Desert Bowl is held on the 3 Friday of March, each season.
Desert Bowl V is Friday, March 17th, 2017 at Dubai Sports City
Do you have a code of conduct?
Yes. The EAFL is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable entertainment experience for all fans. We want all fans of all ages attending our games to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion. With that in mind, the following behaviors are prohibited at all times during a game.
Fan code of conduct
· Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature.
· Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior.
· Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
· Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field).
· Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel.
· Attempted intimidation of referee officials, coaching personal and players.
· Entering field/pitch area before, during and after a game.
· Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans.
Player code of conduct
· Players should play and adhere to the rules of the sport and abide by league guidelines.
· Players must display respect and professionalism to referee officials at all times.
· Players shall refrain from using any language or remarks that is disparaging to anyone’s race, religion or creed. Such behavior will not be tolerated.
· Players must have respect for each other, opposing teams, their coaching staff and the league.